Saturday, April 3, 2010

Digital Scrapbooking....ahhhhh...



I love to scrapbook but have found less and less time to pull everything out, find my creativity and put together a couple pages. I have looked online for a while and got some tips from a friend (thanks Tawnya!) on digital scrapbooking. We finally purchased Photoshop Elements 8.0 and I became COMPLETELY confused. I couldn't figure out that program and was having a bit of buyers remorse, but I know you can't take software back and we paid good money for it so I was determined to figure it out. I watched tutorials (thanks Pioneer Woman) and would pause the tutorial and try what they were doing on one of my pictures. Slowly, I am figuring it out. I found a bunch of websites that let you download scrapbook paper, embellishments (ribbons, buttons, tags, letters, ect) for FREE! With Photoshop I am able to make that paper any color I need and the beauty of it all....it never runs out! I have found a place online that will print 12 x 12 pages for $2 or Costco in town will print them in one hour or less for $3. I am also considering at the end of the year looking at all my pages I have scrapbooked and uploading them to make a photobook for the year. We will have to see what works better. I still have TONS to learn about Photoshop but I have been enjoying making scrapbook pages and not having a mess to clean up and I can work on a page and leave it and come back to it knowing no little hands have "helped" me make my page. Here are some of the 1st pages I have done....


No comments:

Post a Comment