Monday, March 22, 2010

WOW....I'm Baaaaackkkkk....

So I left off with Week 5 of training. That was like 3 years ago right? I made it to and through Week 7 (run 25 minutes without walking)...and then the van broke. We have been using only one vehicle to do everything while we save up the cash to buy another "new" van or SUV (Jared's request....please no more Man-Van for him). So, that last sentence says alot...
1) One Vehicle= no time for the gym to do training. I like to work out in the morning right after the big kids go to school so I can get the rest of my stuff (read: laundry, dishes, laundry) done before lunch. We are either working in the morning or Jared is at his other clinic the opposite mornings with the one working vehicle.
2)Saving up Cash....we have not charged anything on our credit cards for over a year now. We are sticking to Dave Ramsey's plan of becoming debt free....that is quite a task in our situation. We will go without another vehicle until we have the cash in hand.
3)Saving....Jared and I are creatures of instant gratification. This is how we got into the above mentioned debt (that and Chiropractic college). We have forced ourselves this past year to stop and think before impulse buying. In the past couple weeks we have had my computer die (for good this time...Jared threw it on the ground...another story), my camera start taking pictures upside down (no I was not holding it upside down) and Jack needed a new bed so Kate could have the bottom bunk in Grace's room. We were all ready to go out and buy a new computer but God stopped us by allowing someone to buy the Apple computer that was on sale just as we were deciding to buy it. Then, we decided I would use the kids computer and instead of buying a new camera (that started working again after I took the battery out for awhile) we were able to get Photoshop Elements 8.0. And the bed.....I mentioned to a VERY good friend that we were going to start saving up to buy a new bed so Jack could have our bed and she mentioned they had a King size bed they weren't using and we could have it! WOW...God knows our desires! So, all the things we wanted to buy would have cost us $2000 easily BUT we spent $150 total. Amazing.
4)The Man-Van: We need to start looking at prices on vehicles that can tow, hold the entire family, has 4WD and ISN'T a Man-Van...SUV's here we come....when we have the cash :).

So, I have been stuck at week 7 and am really hoping I can jump back in without losing too much ground. I signed up for a 5K in 3 weeks...or is it 2 weeks now...YIKES! I am going to have to start going to the gym at times I don't like to go to the gym.

That is my return to blog post....I will definetly be back tomorrow because it is a certain kids double-digit birthday that I can't wait to write about!

1 comment: