Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week 5: Day 3 and Week 6: Day 1

I was SO dreading Week 5 Day 3 since I started the program. When I read jog 20 min/2 miles I started sweating. When I trained for the tri last year the furthest I ran without walking was 20 minutes or 2 miles. It was rough and I apologize to anyone in the gym that day that had to witness it! I got to the gym after dropping the kids off at school and tried to think of any real excuse NOT to be there...I couldn't find one. So, I hopped on a machine and started the 5 minute warm up walk. The whole 5 minutes I was telling myself "I can do this, I can do this" and at the same time saying "WHY am I doing this?" Then I started jogging. About minute 6 I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do a full 20 minutes without walking but I kept going and told myself to just get to 10 minutes, then 15 minutes and then 17 minutes and then it was just 3 more minutes and I was done! I DID IT! It felt so good to step off that machine knowing that if I HAD to I could jog 2 miles.
Monday (2/8) I went into the gym with confidence that I could definetly do todays workout. Heck, I had just jogged 20 minutes and didn't fall over. Todays workout was 5 min warm up walk, then jog 5 minutes, walk 3 min, jog 8 min, walk 3 min, jog 5 min. EASY, right? NOPE...I couldn't believe how my calves felt after the 5 min jog. The entire time I was jogging I was amazed at how hard it was. What the heck? The entire day my knee's hurt walking up and down the stairs...hoping they feel better tomorrow. Not looking forward to Day 2 (jog 10, walk ?, jog 10) and REALLY not looking forward to Day 3 (jog 25 without walking). Kuddo's to those of you who do marathons...or even worse Ironman's...you are NUTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment