We were blessed to have Luke born at home. It was by far the best birth we have had. A bit crazy at times toward the end. He was breech until about week 38 and then my water broke and he wasn't born for 36 hours...but when labor did kick in, he was in my arms within 1 hour! Luke was 10 lbs 6 oz...same size as big brother Jack. I can't tell you how awesome it was to be in my bed with my family there. Grace wanted to be with me to help at the birth. We watched some videos and talked about what she would see and hear. She did great and I am so proud of her. She was calm and so happy when Luke was born. She got to hold him first out of all the other kids.
Grace, future midwife? Luke is about 20 minutes old.
We did wake Jack and Kate up (it was about 1 am) so they could also meet their new baby brother. Then we were all tucked into bed and slept soundly until morning when the kids woke up and couldn't wait to go to school to tell their teachers and friends (I never asked Grace how much information she shared...I am a bit scared to know!).
Jack and his little brother...I think he is a bit happy :). Luke is about 6 hours old.
This is my favorite picture of Luke and Kate...it was the 1st time she really talked to him.
Fast forward 4 months and Luke is now 17 lbs 3 oz and 26 1/2 inches of cuteness. He has rolled over twice (the first time no one saw him do it and the second time I watched and cheered him on). He has a wonderful smile for everyone and rarely cries. He thinks the other kids are absolutely hysterical and has the best laugh. As much as I can't wait to see him walking and talking, I won't wish this time away for ANYTHING. I treasure every snuggle and toothless smile and thank God for all my blessings that are running around making messes in the house.
April 22nd...almost 1 month old
May 15th....6 weeks and Soooo Tired.
June 28th...a couple days shy of 3 months. 1st time in a bumbo chair and a bit confused :).
July 29th....4 months old. My happy happy boy!
Luke's 4 month Packer Picture. I will post the other 3 kids at 4 months old when I get them scanned in!



No comments:
Post a Comment