I really meant to get to bed early tonight....but then I went on Facebook and the next thing I knew it was 11:15 pm. I headed upstairs and let the dog out so she wouldn't wake me at 4 a.m. again. I waited a couple minutes and called her back in. About a minute later I smelled something and it wasn't good...in fact it was horrible. It smelled like a perm gone bad...it brought back some bad memories of my childhood. I quickly smelled myself (it wasn't me this time). I was heating something up in the microwave and I thought the microwave was for sure going to explode. Nope it wasn't that. I looked over at the dog in the livingroom and called her over....she came over with her head down and the smell got worse. CRAP....she tried to play with a skunk and she had been in the house for about 3 minutes before I figured it out. I woke up Jared and he confirmed that she stunk REALLY bad. He took her out and doused her with Vinegar (I saw it online and I didn't have any tomato sauce) and then shampooed her with coconut shampoo. She still reeks! My house reeks! Tomorrow I am calling the local groomer and hoping I can drop her off (or she will be sitting outside in the rain while we are at work). Here's hoping we don't get any calls to see the house in the next week or two! Tonight she is locked in a room in the basement that has no carpet. Hopefully she doesn't tear a hole in the wall trying to get to us. Stinkin' dog!
Just to show that we still love her, here is a picture of her and her littlest buddy from this afternoon pre-skunk.


No comments:
Post a Comment