Today (Wednesday, Sept 2) the kids started school. Jack is now in 4th grade and Grace started 1st grade!
Tomorrow (Thusday, Sept 3) is Kate's 1st birthday *sniff, sniff*! Check back tomorrow for her 1st birthday pictures.
Today is dedicated to the 1st day of freedom for mommy school.
I woke up early with Kate (think 5ish) and she played until 7. Then, she decided to snuggle into MY bed and go back to sleep as the alarm was getting ready to go off. So, I got a shower taken and started getting the kids up for school. Grace of course popped up and got dressed in one move. She was VERY excited about starting 1st grade...you get a desk in 1st grade vs a table that you share with a bunch of other kids. Jack was a little slower at moving, until I told him he would have to wear whatever I picked out for him if he didn't get up. He was up and dressed in about 30 seconds. Then they ate breakfast, brushed teeth and THEN....we started getting Grace's hair combed and "styled". She is the PICKIEST princess in the entire U.S.A....I am sure of it. I wanted to pull just the bangs back and leave the back alone since it is so short. NOPE, she burst into tears and said I was making her look stupid. Are you kidding me? So, I asked what she wanted and she said NOTHING. I told her we were doing something to get her hair out of her eyes for school. She said she wanted pigtails. Did I mention she has shorter hair now? It turned out ok from the front but the back had a little pile of hair that would not reach the rubberband..she didn't care about that. At least she stopped crying and got back into her excited mood. Oh, the rollercoaster of emotions with girls...Kate is already showing her mood swings (more on that tomorrow). Then we took pictures out by the tree and we were off.
We got to the school and the kids wanted to be dropped off at the end of the building (instead of walking through the building with me). I met them by their class lines outside. Grace was happy to see me, but Jack smiled a little and gave me "the look". You know, the look that says "Mom I am happy to see you, BUT I would rather you not stand too close to me and my friends"...I got the look a couple times this morning :). I took Grace's picture and she said "will you stand next to me like the other mom's?"...OF COURSE SWEET PRINCESS GRACE (who thinks I make her hair look stupid).
Then Grace's line was called in and off she went. She said hi to all the teachers she knows and finally made it to her locker. That is always chaos. Every kid gets their own locker (no locks) but they have to basically climb over each other to get to their locker...it is kind of fun to watch in the winter :).
Grace found her desk and kept opening and closing her desk top...in kindergarten they share a big table so having your own desk is a pretty cool thing! She was already organizing and cleaning it. I took a final picture and said my goodbyes and left.
Then I moved onto Jack's room..I was a bit late I guess because they were already starting (oops). I tried to get a couple pics from the hallway but I saw "the look" come at me again. He is getting too old, too fast. He was showing one of his friends a word in the dictionary...I don't think I even want to know...
Jack tries to tell us he doesn't like school anymore but he was all smiles when he met up with his friends from last year. His teachers always tell us that Jack is the happiest kid...I believe it! I finally left the school and headed home to the lonely princess-in-training. She was waiting with Daddy. We opened up all the windows when it warmed up enough and she stood on the heat registers so she could look outside and would yell "AAAACCCC" (Jack) and when he didn't come she sat down on the floor, got a huge pout and started crying. She was so lost this morning without them, but that made this afternoon when they came home even more special. She was so excited to see Jack and Grace. It is wonderful to have 3 kids that truely love each other (even if they don't always show it).
Stay tooned tomorrow for Kate's 1st Birthday Post!!!! Can you believe it...a post with NO pictures of Kate? What is this blog coming too?!








No comments:
Post a Comment