Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Art of Franking....

My Aunt Deb came to visit for a night and Jack asked if she would rather sleep in his room with the air conditioner or Grace's room with the big fan or the basement where it is dark and has a TV. She chose Jack's room. I then teased Jack about Aunt Deb sleeping in his bed and she doesn't wear jammies. He asked if she would rather sleep in Grace's room since it is made for a girl (hehehe). She promised to wear jammies to bed. I told Jack to go get his stuff (blankets/pillows) off his bed so he could sleep in the basement.
A couple hours later we went into change the sheets in Jacks room and there was NOTHING on his bed...no sheets, no mattress pad...nothing. Except for fishing line wound back and forth the length of the bed :). Then we tried to turn on the air conditioner so it would be nice and cold in there...it wouldn't work. I noticed it was unplugged. So we got everything put back together and I found Jack laughing. Here is our conversation:

Me: Why are you laughing?
Jack: I FRANKED Aunt Deb! I unplugged the air and took everything off my bed and put fishing line on it AND set the alarm clock for 3:00 a.m. (good thing he mentioned this because we didn't know that!).
Me: You "franked" her?
Jack: Don't you sometimes call a hotdog a Frank? I franked her.
Me:Oh.
Jack: Do you think she will want to sleep in Grace's bed now?
Me: No...I promise she will wear jammies in your bed.
Jack: ok...I guess.

The next day Deb got up and put fishing line on Jack's bed, moved his stuffed animals so they were in his clothes closet and moved all his hats. Jack came into his room and yelled "I've been FRANKED!".
So all these years we thought we were Pranking someone...we were really FRanking them!

The 2 Franksters:


2 comments:

  1. I love that story, it reminds me of the time that Jared used the term "buckle to the snap"....as in, "Pager, we need to put the buckle to the snap and get studying". I was like..."J-Man, do you mean pedal to the medal or nose to the grindstone?" He said, "Nope, buckle to the snap." Like father, like son. They are both extraordinary franksters :)

    ReplyDelete