Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

Last week the kids had spring break and Jack asked where we were going...ummmm....
We had nothing planned and so I told him we were going to plan a Stay-cation. Grace was excited until Jack filled her in that it meant we were STAYing home and not going anywhere :). We did end up having a great spring break.

Monday was our only day home. The weather was a bit chilly and the kids drove me crazy so I started planning stuff for the rest of the week and even threatened to drop them off at school and someone....ANYONE would let them come in so they wouldn't be bored :).

Tuesday, we saw GG (my grandma) and Heidi (my cousin).

Wednesday we went to the zoo with Jenn and her friend Michelle.

Thursday, Yaya (Jared's mom) took the kids to the Childrens Museum. Sorry no pictures..I wasnt' there :).

Friday we met Lorraine and her kids at Quaker Steak and Lube and then they played with Tara's kids while we went to her ultrasound (it's a BOY....YIPPPEEE!). Then Friday night we went to the park while someone looked at our house. I don't have the ultrasound pics, but I know for sure they are having a boy!

Saturday we colored Easter eggs, had an impromptu open house. The only person that came in was a neighbor down the street to "show the kids her purse". I was a bit confused until she opened her purse and had 2 five week old puppies in it! The kids loved holding them and asked if they could have them....they even told the lady they would give her all their money ($114.00). Too bad they cost $300. Grace went to a birthday party and we went to Eric & Amanda's for a cookout!


Sunday was Easter so we went to church (the kids sang), made a dirt cake and headed out to Sarah's house (my sister) for Easter lunch and an Easter egg hunt in the woods. Sarah and my mom hid 320 eggs in the woods! Jeff hooked up the tractor and trailor so we could all ride out there instead of walking through the horse/cow poop...THANK YOU! The kids had a blast and slept very well last night :)! We can't wait until next Easter!




Sooooo....our stay-cation was pretty busy :). Hopefully the collages turn out and you can see the pictures. I didn't want to sit here and download hundreds of pictures :).
And now for the highlight of Easter:
The best part of Easter this year was when Grace asked daddy to help her pray to have Jesus in her heart. She understands salvation on a 5 year olds level but still understands the importance of it and the general reason. She is so excited and I wish I would have been able to video tape her. Jack prayed around that age too. They are getting so big and love Jesus so much. I am so blessed :). I hope that everyone had a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment